When you or a loved one has been in an accident, the last thing you need is to worry about is how you’re going to pay the bills. Most people understand the importance of life insurance in the event someone passes away. But what happens when someone is injured and unable to work or do their usual activities? At POM, we take care of the living and acknowledge the impact an injury can have on someone’s ability to take care of their finances and/or live their lives fully.
Our accident insurance covers you from the very first day an injury happens whether you’re at HOME, at WORK or at PLAY, no matter what your occupation or hobbies. Whether you’re a pilot, a stay at home parent, a child, a professional motocross racer, an athlete, a white-collar worker or retired, you’re covered. Best of all, premiums are not based on the level of risk, they are the same for everyone. You pick the amount of coverage that works for you, starting at $14/individual. To give you some perspective, one claim for a broken bone or stitches can pay for seven years of your premiums.
Sounds too good to be true? I promise you, it’s not! This plan pays you for your loss of time or loss of income from incidences as small as stitches or broken bones up to outpatient surgeries and time spent in the hospital. You can make as many claims as you need until the age of 85 and your premiums do not increase based on those claims. Our plans can be created for individuals, families, and employees. Just ask us about the different options available.
- Pays day 1 no matter your hobbies or profession
- You’re covered 24/7/365 anywhere in Canada or the US
- Pays for broken bones & stitches up to time spent in hospital
- Cash paid directly to you on top of any other insurance you may have (Eg. WCB, EI, group benefits)
- Fills in the gaps left from other coverages
- Based on lost time from work or usual activities
- Premiums never increase based on claims made
- Remains in force until age 85
- Family plans at a savings
Our accident essentials policy is also available in a family plan, which means all your children (present and unborn) are also protected. Why cover children you may ask? The beauty of this policy is that it covers for time loss, whether from loss of work or usual activities. This is how we can cover children, retirees, students, and homemakers. If a broken bone, stitches, outpatient surgery or time spent in the hospital stops you from not being able to do what you would usually do; garden, golf, play sports, housework, drive, play on the monkey bars, swim, play sports, whatever it is, we will pay!
Depending on the severity of the injury, chances are one or more parent will also need to take some time off. Consider also if you have a child enrolled in an activity where you’re paying big bucks for their gear – lessons and tournaments – and then an injury forces them to stop. You may be able to recoup some or all of that money. We like to call this policy, ‘taking the insult out of the injury.’
You pick the coverage level that works for you with premiums starting at $34/family. To put into perspective how valuable this policy is, one claim made for broken bones or stitches can pay for three and a half years of the premiums for the whole family. Not only is this coverage there for your family when the small stuff happens but also if heaven forbid something bigger does.
If you’re hurt but only partially disabled, you will still receive $2,000 for a maximum of 30 days. In addition to all that, for every year you own the policy you will receive an additional month of coverage per injury, up to 24 months.
Reach out to learn more about our Return of Premium (ROP) option. If you need it, you have it, and if you don’t, you’ve created a forced savings account (minus any benefit that’s been paid to you). Our income essentials packages are also available to cover illnesses.
- Pays from day 1 of an injury
- Worldwide coverage
- Pays cash in addition to any other benefits you receive
- Protects you with up to six (6) full months of coverage, which increases one month per year for every year in force, up to 24 months
- Premiums do not increase due to the number of claims you file
- Your policy is guaranteed renewable until age 75
- Pays up to $2,000 a month for each accident, starting the first day you can’t work
- Pays up to $2,000 a month if you are partially disabled for a maximum of 30 days
- If you still cannot work full-time after total disability, the return to work benefit pays you up to $1,000 for a maximum of 30 days
With POM, we offer an income guard protection that will help you continue to pay your bills allowing you to instead focus on your health and recovery. Financial strain is one of the most significant stressors faced after an injury or an illness. In fact, it often forces people back to work out of necessity and against doctors’ orders.
Your level of protection can be created based on your lifestyle, needs, and budget. Depending on the plan you choose will pay cash directly to you, up to $5,000 per month for up to 5 years per injury or illness. A huge feature of this policy is your benefits will continue to be paid to you after becoming disabled from your current occupation, even if you become gainfully employed in a different field of employment.
- It fills the income gap between government & workplace benefits
- You don’t pay premiums while you are on claim
- Pays a 50% partial recovery benefit (for up to 3 months) when you return to work part-time
- Up to 2 years per injury/illness paid to you if you cannot perform your own occupation
- Up to 5 years per injury/illness paid to you if you cannot perform any occupation
You never know when something will happen and while you can’t plan for an accident with POM, you can prepare for it. While the hope is never to claim on this policy, it’s a wildly affordable way to give yourself and your family the peace of mind that if the unthinkable happens, you’re covered.
This policy ranges from$6-$24 for an individual and $16-$64 for your whole immediate family, no matter how many people are in it. For less than the cost of two cups of coffee you can have guaranteed protection in the event an accident takes a life, limb, eyesight, hearing or ability to speak. Furthermore, a lump sum benefit is paid to your named beneficiary(s) in the event you or a family member passes as a result of an accident allowing your survivors the dignity to mourn without worrying about finances.
- $100,000-$400,000 for accidental death by common carrier (fare paying)
- $50,000-$200,000 for accidental death by all other causes
- $25,000-$100,000 for loss of 1 limb, hearing, speech or sight in 1 eye
- $50,000-$200,000 for loss of 2 or more limbs, sight in both eyes, hearing & any combination of 2 or more of these losses