- Life-threatening cancer
- Carcinoma-in-situ (non-life-threatening)
- Stage A prostate cancer (non-life-threatening)
- Aortic Surgery
- Aplastic anemia
- Benign brain tumour
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- Heart attack
- Heart valve replacement
- Kidney failure
- Loss of speech
- Major organ transplant
- Occupational HIV
- Severe burns
- Traumatic head injury
At POM, our goal is to give you what you need when you need it most. The costs of dealing with an unexpected heart attack, stroke, or a cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming.
Statistics now show one in two Canadians receive a cancer diagnosis, the most serious and expensive disease in the world. With the right coverage in place, you can ease the financial strain and focus on what’s most important – recovery.
This type of coverage is incredibly unique in the insurance industry. It offers a daily benefit of $100 or $200 that pays on top of any other coverage you may have, including Critical Illness. The benefit starts on the very first day you or someone in your family spends time in the hospital as an inpatient or for outpatient surgeries and treatments (chemotherapy, radiation, etc). It’s a much-known fact that hospitals would prefer you to recover at home once stable or after treatment, and we understand that.
Therefore, for your recovery at home we give you up to 3 times your daily benefit amount per day spent in hospital or per outpatient treatment. Consider needing a course of 20 chemotherapy treatments. If you selected a $200 daily benefit, we would pay you $200 for the treatment and up to $600 for your recovery at home for a total of $800 for one treatment. That’s $16,000 for all 20 treatments. Not including any time spent as an inpatient in the hospital.
Because these illnesses don’t just affect adults, we also offer family plans at a massive saving. We want your family to have the dignity to spend the time and energy needed to focus on recovering instead of on financial stressors.
What’s best is this policy gives your children the legacy of insurance for a lifetime. Once no longer dependents, they simply roll into their own plan without the need to requalify. This is just one of the many ways we offer you and your family peace of mind.
- Daily benefit for time spent in hospital, outpatient surgeries & treatments
- Pays an additional recovery benefit up to 3 times the days spent in hospital or for each outpatient treatment (up to $800/treatment).
- Family plans cover existing & unborn children
- Choice between a Cancer only coverage or a Cancer, Heart & Stroke coverage
- Optional return of premium benefit upon death
- Best Doctors Services
- Pays in addition to any other coverage you have
- Surprisingly inexpensive way to create a more comprehensive coverage profile
- Remains in force for a lifetime