Critical Illness Protection

CRITICAL ILLNESS PROTECTION

FOCUS ON YOUR RECOVERY, NOT YOUR FINANCES

FEATURES OF THIS COVERAGE

  • Lump sum benefit
  • 14 day survivability period
  • Second-incident coverage- Pays 25% of lump sum if diagnosed with a non-life-threatening cancer
  • Benefits paid in addition to any other insurance you have
  • Best Doctor Services available
  • Lifetime coverage or until paid in full
  • Return of premium option to beneficiary upon death from a condition other than listed above
Critical Illness

A critical illness can happen at any time. Often they’re aren’t any warning signs or symptoms until it’s too late. One out of every two Canadians are expected to develop some type of cancer in their lifetime. That being said, with advancements in medicine we are surviving through much more so having a policy in place to protect you and loved ones is essential. Critical illness covers from a cancer diagnosis (even non-life-threatening cancers), heart attack, and stroke to a traumatic head injury and severe burns.

As with all of the other policies we’re able to offer to you, we can tailor a critical illness plan to fit your budget, concerns, and medical history. Say you were recently diagnosed with cancer, we can’t cover you for cancer at this time. However, we can offer you a policy for the remaining 18 conditions. We’re very proud of finding ways to provide coverage for those who think they are uninsurable.

This coverage is a chosen lump sum benefit, anywhere from $10,000 – $100,000. Premiums correspond to your age. A huge advantage of looking into this policy sooner than later is once you lock into an age band that’s where your premiums stay for your lifetime. Remember, it’s not your money that qualifies you, it’s your health.

How Our Coverage Works

Here’s how it works; upon diagnosis of one of the 21 conditions, we will pay you 10% of your chosen amount. If you survive 14 days from diagnosis, you are paid the remaining 90%.

Conversely, if you are diagnosed with a non-life-threatening cancer, you will be paid 25% of the lump sum amount, leaving the remaining 75% for a second incident. You don’t even have to miss a day of work to receive your benefit. This money may help get you access to unconventional or expensive treatments you may otherwise not have been able to afford or simply to recover lost income.  It’s yours to do with whatever you decide.

When you or a loved one suffers a critical illness it is not only the affected person’s income impacted. Commonly the spouse’s income will be affected too. That’s why having access to money to pay bills, parking/food at the hospital or cover any other expenses like house cleaning and childcare is so important.

Our policy will cover your loss if diagnosed with any of the following conditions:

  • Life-threatening cancer
  • Carcinoma-in-situ (non-life-threatening)
  • Stage A prostate cancer (non-life-threatening)
  • Aortic Surgery
  • Aplastic anemia
  • Blindness
  • Benign brain tumour
  • Coma
  • Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
  • Deafness
  • Dismemberment
  • Heart attack
  • Heart valve replacement
  • Kidney failure
  • Loss of speech
  • Major organ transplant
  • Occupational HIV
  • Paralysis
  • Severe burns
  • Stroke
  • Traumatic head injury

We Do Insurance Differently

Insurance With A Twist

CANCER, HEART ATTACK & STROKE INSURANCE

FAMILY PLANS AVAILABLE AT A SAVINGS

At POM, our goal is to give you what you need when you need it most. The costs of dealing with an unexpected heart attack, stroke, or a cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming.

Statistics now show one in two Canadians receive a cancer diagnosis, the most serious and expensive disease in the world. With the right coverage in place, you can ease the financial strain and focus on what’s most important – recovery.

This type of coverage is incredibly unique in the insurance industry. It offers a daily benefit of $100 or $200 that pays on top of any other coverage you may have, including Critical Illness. The benefit starts on the very first day you or someone in your family spends time in the hospital as an inpatient or for outpatient surgeries and treatments (chemotherapy, radiation, etc). It’s a much-known fact that hospitals would prefer you to recover at home once stable or after treatment, and we understand that.

Recover At Home Or In Hospital

Therefore, for your recovery at home we give you up to 3 times your daily benefit amount per day spent in hospital or per outpatient treatment. Consider needing a course of 20 chemotherapy treatments. If you selected a $200 daily benefit, we would pay you $200 for the treatment and up to $600 for your recovery at home for a total of $800 for one treatment. That’s $16,000 for all 20 treatments. Not including any time spent as an inpatient in the hospital.

Because these illnesses don’t just affect adults, we also offer family plans at a massive saving. We want your family to have the dignity to spend the time and energy needed to focus on recovering instead of on financial stressors.

What’s best is this policy gives your children the legacy of insurance for a lifetime. Once no longer dependents, they simply roll into their own plan without the need to requalify. This is just one of the many ways we offer you and your family peace of mind.

Critical Illness

FEATURES OF THIS COVERAGE

  • Daily benefit for time spent in hospital, outpatient surgeries & treatments
  • Pays an additional recovery benefit up to 3 times the days spent in hospital or for each outpatient treatment (up to $800/treatment).
  • Family plans cover existing & unborn children
  • Choice between a Cancer only coverage or a Cancer, Heart & Stroke coverage
  • Optional return of premium benefit upon death
  • Best Doctors Services
  • Pays in addition to any other coverage you have
  • Surprisingly inexpensive way to create a more comprehensive coverage profile
  • Remains in force for a lifetime