One of the best features of our Sickness Essentials plan is that your whole family can get coverage. If heaven forbid your child becomes ill, you can rest assured that you can be there for them without wondering how you will pay the bills.
If a child gets sick, usually one or more income-earning parents will have to take time off. You might question why you should get a policy for your children, but picture it this way; If they can’t do their usual activities, go to school, play sports then compensation will likely help the parents with the time taken off work or childcare costs.
Furthermore, our family plans cover your present children and any future children. For example, if your newborn has some complications and needs to spend some time in the ICU, you will receive compensation.
These plans allow you to provide your children with a legacy of being insured. If a child is diagnosed with a life-impacting condition, traditionally they would struggle to get insurance as an adult. But if you have a family plan in place, you’ve given your child guaranteed coverage until the age of 85.
Our family plans begin at $62 a month for the whole family depending on the age you are when you sign up.
Whether you are a family of three or of 10 people, the policy rates are the same. Just ask us about the different options available because we understand fitting budget, needs and concerns.
- Pays day 1 for loss of time
- Covers pre-existing conditions after 24 months
- Cash paid directly to you on top of any other insurance you may have (Eg. EI, group benefits)
- Fills in the gaps left from other coverages
- Based on lost time from work or usual activities
- Premiums never increase based on claims made
- Remains in force until age 85
- Family plans at a savings
- Heart attack
- Kidney stones
- Pregnancy complications
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
Depending on the policy level you choose, you could receive up to $2,000 a month, starting from the first day you can’t work up to 6 months the first year. For each year you own the policy you will receive an additional month of coverage per sickness, up to 24 months.
Once you return to work, we will pay you an additional $1,000 for the first month, if you’re unable to work full-time.
Even if you’re sick but only partially disabled, you will still receive up to $2,000 for a maximum of 30 days.
Reach out to learn more about our Return of Premium (ROP) option. If you need it you have it, if you don’t, you’ve created a forced savings account (minus any benefit that’s been paid to you). Our income essentials packages are also available to cover injuries.
Being able to earn an income is something many people take for granted. After all, who wants to think about the possibility of becoming sick or being injured. However, an unexpected illness or disability is the thing that sets many people behind on their bills and is one of the leading reasons why homes go into foreclosure. In fact, over 48% of Canadians are living paycheque to paycheque and would have a hard time meeting their financial obligations if they lost even one week’s worth of work.
With POM, we offer an income guard protection that will help you continue to pay your bills. Our plan will pay cash directly to you, up to $5,000 per month for up to 5 years.
Having a policy like this in place allows you to focus on your health and not stress about the bills. Your level of protection can be created based on your needs and budget. Only apply for what you think you need, nothing more. We are here to make it easy and help you figure out what works best for you!
- You will receive both income & loan protection
- You can choose from 24-hour coverage or off the job coverage
- Cash benefits are paid directly to you
- Your policy will stay with you, even if you change lenders or employers
- Benefits can begin as early as seven days
- It fills the income gap between government & workplace benefits
- You don’t pay premiums while you are on claim
- Pays a 50% partial recovery benefit (for up to 3 months) when you return to work part-time